Your favorite hat is back!
We are still ironing out the details but you can start planning your trip:
- date is set to Sunday September 2
- Fee: HK$ 200 at the door, 10% early bird discount with credit card or paypal. Includes cold beer, water, breakfast, lunch.
- beach will be Pui O, the same as last year
- BBQ, night games and other entertainment forms will be organized for Saturday night.
Instead of flipping the disc, there will be a throw-off (5 mins before game time)
One person from each team stands inside the same end-zone
They each make a throw (any type) at the same time
Once the discs stop, the closest to the front end-zone line without
going over or out of bounds, wins the throw off
If both go over, whoever is closest to the front end-zone wins the
All pulls must be inverted (over 90 degree angle). Teams may request a re-Pull if it is not
Trick catch on the pull is not a turn-over
2 pt bomb: a score with thrower's pivot foot on goal line or inside defending end-zone is
worth 2 points
If a foot goes under the line and does not drag line before catching disc, the catch is good.
Games will be 40 mins with a hard cap at 13 points (i.e. at the end of 40 mins, finish the point
and if it is tied when the point is finished, play one more point)
There will be no halftime and each team has 1 time out (2 mins) per game.
This is just the first round schedule so you know which field to go to if you're late on Sunday morning. After that is swiss draw format! Quarters in the afternoon start at 2pm.
Be on the field at 9am
Getting to Pui O can be done by:
- Ferry from central to Mui Wo and a quick taxi ride. Timetable can be found here http://www.nwff.com.hk/eng/fare_table/central-mui_wo/. The 8am fast-ferry is your latest option if you wanna make it in time for your first game.
- Bus 3M from Tung Chung. The ride takes about 20-25minutes.
Camping overnight is an encouraged option. Unlike past editions this year we will have our own dedicated campsite
provided by oh la la, with our own BBQs. So if you're planning a
weekend trip meet us on the beach on Saturday and join the party! If you
wanna camp but you need a tent you can rent one for 2 people from
OhLaLa for $300, get in touch with us and we'll help you out.
- Gio (TD) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neil (Activity Director) email@example.com